Portsmouth City Council is following Government advice and our services are running as normal.
The current Government guidance is for anyone with either a new persistent cough or a high temperature to remain at home and self-isolate for seven days. You can find this information online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
The NHS guidance to help avoid catching or spreading viruses including coronavirus is to:
• wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• always wash your hands when you get home or into work
• use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
• try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
• do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean